New CCTV software powered by Calipsa is improving security around the world by analysing millions of alarms every day.
The VRC Smart Alarm Filtering is a remote video analytics platform which is powered by Calipsa. Reducing false alarms by over 80% and is constantly improving. Not only can this new service reduce false alarms, but it can also increase monitoring performance & offer more robust data metrics. Potential deployments include traffic enforcement, road accidents and public disorder. The Calipsa engine uses a feedback loop to evolve and improve. Human operators can ‘teach’ artificial intelligence using a point and click interface. This automates repetitive parts of their jobs.
The new software is designed to work with any existing camera or video source. The technology can be deployed via the cloud or within premises. No retrofit is needed. The technology is adaptable to all weather and lighting conditions, with 95% accuracy. Manually viewing large quantities of video data for hours and hours can lead to potential errors, through tiredness and lapses in attention.
The technology works in different applications, including municipal cases, such as monitoring traffic flows and congestion, traffic surveys and incident detection. Another application is in mass transit hubs, such as airports, bus and train stations. As well as others include law enforcement, defences, critical infrastructure and commercial sites, like shopping centres, offices and casinos.
Motion-triggered alarms from the site are sent to VRC control room.
Filters out false alarms
2) Filters out false alarms & forwards true-alarms to operators for verification, all in real time.
3) Filtered alarms are reviewed by operators at VRC control room.
VRC Smart Alarm Filtering provides the customer with the following:
- 80% reduction in false alarms!
- Less engineer time spent on sites
- A quicker turnaround for sites on soak test
- A greatly higher pass rate for sites on soak test
- Considerably better control of detection areas
- The ability to remotely monitor CCTV systems without using detectors
- Reports on false alarm activations that the alarm filtering has stopped.
- Camera detection masking managed by VRC’s
- Technical Support team
- Full dashboard.
- Free health checks – Smart Filter will alert you via the dashboard if a camera hasn’t sent an alarm in over 24 hours.
- Site scheduling – Add site-wide schedules for reduced bandwidth and more accurate reporting.
- Camera management – Add masks to ignore certain areas of a camera view for further false alarm reductions.
- PTZ & Video loss – Smart Filter gives you the option to select if a camera is a PTZ, and enable video loss if you’re interested in the camera moving.
VRC Video Receiving Centre
For over 10 years we have been offering bespoke monitoring solutions to protect people, property and peace of mind across the UK and Ireland. From our state of the art, Remote Video Response Centre (RVRC) in Yate, our highly experienced team work night and day to ensure your people and property are protected.
VRC offers bespoke monitoring solutions because we want to protect people, property and peace of mind across the UK and Ireland. As a result of our state of the art, Remote Video Response Centre (RVRC) in Yate. VRC’s highly experienced team work night and day to ensure your people and property are protected. Our facility is an NSI Gold, Category II RVRC offering a range of services.
The Asset Protection Group comprises a group of Fire & Security companies with shared ownership and one common goal, protecting your most important assets. As a collective group, we look to offer protection to your assets to assist you with your ongoing success within your own business.